Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") below before placing any order for any of the Goods or Services from http://food.jumia.com. By placing an order for any of the Goods or column Services from this Website, whereas it is by phone, through our mobile applications or by any other available channel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Section 1: Jumia Food Introduction
We are Jumia Food, a brand of http://food.jumia.com, unless otherwise stated.
Section 2: Definitions
2.3. "you", "your" and "yours" are references to you, the person accessing this Website, and placing the orders for the Goods or Services we display on it. Access through any other channel provided by Jumia Food will also bound you to these Terms and Conditions;
2.4. "we", "us", "our", and "Jumia Food" are references to the Company;
2.5. "Goods" is a reference to any goods which we may offer for sale from our Website from at a given time;
2.6. "Service" or "Services" is a reference to any service which we may supply and which you may request via our Website;
2.7. "Partner Restaurant" is a third party, which has agreed to co-operate with the Company to prepare and/or deliver the Goods or Services.
2.8. "Food Delivery" references perishable goods and any form of delivery service, both provided by our Partner restaurants and for both of which our Partner restaurants take full responsibility;
2.9. "Website" is a reference to our Website http://food.jumia.com.gh, our mobile applications or any other platform we will choose to offer our Goods or services.
Section 3: Ordering
3.1. By placing an order through our Website, you enter into an agreement with Jumia Food with respect to the processing of that order and forwarding it to the Participating Restaurant. If you are paying online, Jumia Food is also responsible for any returns or refunds. However, the Restaurant remains responsible for the preparation, quality and delivery of your order. You agree to take particular care when providing us with your details and warrant that these details are accurate and complete at the time of ordering. You also warrant that the credit or debit card details that you provide are for your own credit or debit card and that you have sufficient funds to make the payment.
Jumia Prime Terms and Conditions
These T&Cs apply to you if you subscribe to have a Jumia Prime account. These do not replace the Terms and Conditions of Service for your Jumia account, which will continue to apply.
1. Jumia Prime
What is it? Jumia Prime is a customer loyalty programme (“Jumia Prime”) that entitles users to subscribe (on a monthly basis) to receive unlimited free delivery on orders through Jumia Food.
Benefits: Subscribers to Jumia Prime will receive unlimited free delivery on all orders placed through Jumia Food in Participating Cities (as described in section 2 (“Eligible Users”) below) throughout the Ghana. Jumia Prime may notify Eligible Users of other benefits at its discretion (for example, restaurant offers).
2. Eligible Users
To qualify as an Eligible User for a Jumia Prime subscription, you must meet the following criteria both at the time you sign up for a Jumia Prime account and at all times during your Jumia Prime subscription: You must:
be located in a city within the Ghana that has been notified to you on the Jumia Food app or website as operating Jumia Prime (“Participating City”);
sign up to Jumia Prime on your personal account (Jumia Prime is currently not available for corporate accounts);
agree to limit your Jumia Food account to only one user and not share your Jumia Food account details with any third party at any time during your Jumia Prime subscription;
If you do not meet these criteria, you will not be eligible for a Jumia Prime subscription. You will be deemed to be in violation of the terms set out in this paragraph if, at any time during your Jumia Prime subscription, you do not comply with any of the above criteria. If Jumia becomes aware that you are in violation of the terms set out in this paragraph, Jumia may (in its sole discretion) immediately suspend or terminate your Jumia Prime subscription (along with any other steps Jumia is entitled to take in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Service for your Jumia account).
If it has been determined by Jumia that you do not comply with the above criteria, but you believe that you do, you should contact the Customer Service Team by emailing [email protected]
3. To Sign Up
Eligible Users can sign up for Jumia Prime through our Service by:
either logging online under the “My Account” section of your profile, from your order basket or after you have placed an order through Jumia Food.
tapping the promotion prompt to receive details (including pricing details) about Jumia Prime
following the link from the Jumia Prime landing page.
4. Jumia Prime Fees
Eligible Users can subscribe to Jumia Prime for an upfront fee which will be communicated at the time of subscribing (“Jumia Prime Fee”). You acknowledge and agree that Jumia may vary the Jumia Prime Fee. Any increase to your Jumia Prime Fee will be notified to you on renewal of subscription.
5. Jumia Prime Subscription Period
Your Jumia Prime subscription period ('Jumia Prime Subscription Period') is either one calendar month, three calendar months or six calendar months in length, chosen by you at your time of purchase. Your first Jumia Prime Subscription Period will start on the day you sign up. For example, if your Start Date is 30th March and you choose a three month subscription, your subscription will expire at the end of the 29th of April.
6. Payment And Billing
Payment Method: Payment for Jumia Prime must be made by a credit or debit card through the Jumia Food app and site ("Payment Method").
Refunds: Jumia Prime Fees are non-refundable, with no exceptional circumstances, including if you are found to be in violation of the terms set in section “2. Eligible Users”. In instances where you make double payments towards your subscription, the additional payment will be applied towards a subscription renewal.
7. Managing Your Jumia Prime Account
All information relating to your Jumia Prime subscription will be contained in the “My Account” section of the Jumia Food app or site under “Jumia Prime”. From here, you will be able to view the remaining time on your Jumia Prime subscription and purchase a subscription renewal.
Cancellation of Jumia Prime: You may deactivate your Jumia Prime subscription at any time by contacting Jumia Food customer service. Following cancellation, you will continue to receive the Jumia Prime service for the duration of your current Jumia Prime Subscription Period.
Reimbursement: If you cancel your Jumia Prime subscription, we will not be able to reimburse to you a refund for the existing duration of your subscription.
9. Termination Or Modification
You agree that Jumia, in its sole discretion, may terminate, deactivate and/or suspend any account (or part thereof) you may have with us or use of the Service and remove and discard all or part of your account and/or discontinue, modify or alter any aspect, feature or policy of the Service or Jumia Prime.
Important: None of the Jumia Prime subscriptions can be refunded.
Section 5: Mastercard promotion
This Campaign (“Campaign”) is co-sponsored by Mastercard and Jumia for purchases made by making a payment through JumiaPay on the following Jumia apps, mobile sites and websites (collectively referred to as “Platform”) which Platform is owned and operated by Jumia (“Jumia”, “We” or “Our”).
- Jumia Pay
- Jumia Mall
- Jumia Deals
- Jumia Food
- Jumia Global
- Registered users of the Platform using a Mastercard card to make the payment (hereinafter referred to as “Cardholder/You/Your”) are eligible to participate in the Campaign on the following terms and conditions. All references to “Card” shall mean Mastercard.
By participating in the Campaign (defined below), Cardholder agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions (“T&C”);
- all applicable terms and conditions of Jumia.
- The Campaign is valid on Tuesdays during the term of the Campaign. The Campaign is valid from [25th February, 2020 to 29th September, 2020].
- Under this Offer, Cardholders will get a 10% instant discount per transaction, capped to a maximum of GHS 25 (“Discount”), on the purchase of products sold on the Platform and when completing Your purchase via Mastercard card.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions made using any card that is not a Mastercard.
- The Campaign is NOT applicable on transactions not made through JumiaPay.
- In case of cancellation of Your order, the transaction will not qualify for the Offer. If you cancel or return part of Your order, you will qualify for the Campaign only on the net amount You pay based on eligibility.
- Jumia / Mastercard reserves the right to disqualify the Cardholder(s) from the benefits of the Offer, if any fraudulent activity is identified as being carried out for availing the benefits under the said Campaign or or for any other purpose.
- Any person availing this Campaign shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- Jumia / Mastercard reserve the right, at any time, without prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever, to add/alter/modify/change or vary these terms and conditions or to replace, wholly or in part, this Campaign by another offer, whether similar to this Campaign or not, or to extend or withdraw it altogether.
- Cardholders are not bound in any way to participate in this Offer. Any participation is voluntary, and the Campaign is being made purely on a best effort basis.
- Nothing herein amounts to a commitment by Jumia / Mastercard to conduct further, similar or other offers.
- The above Campaign is by way of a special Campaign for Mastercard card holders only and nothing contained herein shall prejudice or affect the terms and conditions of the card member agreement with the bank. The terms of this Campaign shall be in addition to and not in derogation of the terms contained in the card member agreement.
- You understand that Jumia may share Your transactional data with Mastercard / Jumia for purposes of this Campaign and for checking Your eligibility for their products and services and by participating in this Offer, You expressly consent to this sharing of Your data for these purposes.
- Your Transaction data does not contain any personal or sensitive data related to customer bank or personal details.
- Jumia does not endorse any of the products or brands being offered under the Campaign and will not accept any liability pertaining to the quality, merchantability, fitness, delivery or after sales service of such products which shall be at the sole liability to sellers on the Platform.
- All the existing offers, gifts, discounts etc. that are being offered can be availed to the Cardholders as part of this exclusive Campaign as mentioned in the communication.
- Pictures of products shown in the communication sent to the customer either through mailers or advertised on the Platform, are representative only and may not bear a resemblance to the actual products. None of the parties shall under any circumstances be responsible towards the same.
- Under no circumstances will the Offer/discount being offered under this Campaign be settled with cash in lieu by Mastercard or Jumia.
- Returned transactions, disputed or unauthorized/fraudulent transactions will not be considered for the Offer
- Jumia / Mastercard will not entertain any correspondence regarding the validity or acceptability of any additional benefits offered by seller(s) on products/services made available by it and the same shall be at the sole risk and consequences of such seller(s) and without reference to Jumia / Mastercard.
- Jumia / Mastercard or the seller(s) shall not be liable for any failure by Your bank to honor the transaction and for any technical issues attributable to Your bank because of which the transaction made by the Cardholder was not successful.
- All government levies such as withholding tax, VAT or any other Local Tax shall be payable by the Cardholder, where and as applicable, at the time of the respective offer.
- This Campaign shall be subject to all applicable laws, rules and regulations which are in existence and which may be promulgated anytime by any statutory authority.
- All liability with respect to the products purchased lies with the respective sellers and neither Jumia nor Mastercard shall be in any way responsible for the same.
- This Campaign is valid only in Ghana.
- Jumia’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Campaign will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Campaign and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of the Ghana.
- In the event of any dispute, or disagreement between the parties in relation to this Agreement, the Parties shall at first, meet to negotiate in good faith to settle the matter amicably. Where Parties fail to resolve any matter within 21 days, it shall be referred to a sole Arbitrator to be appointed by the parties herein, or in the absence of such agreement, to an Arbitrator appointed by the Chairman of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Ghana Chapter.
- The provisions of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act, 2010 and its successor legislation or variations and amendments shall apply to the arbitral proceedings. The decision of an Arbitrator appointed under this clause shall be final except where there is a manifest error in law or fact or miscarriage of justice. Jumia Reserves the right to seek injunctive relief pending the arbitral award from a Ghanaian court of competent Jurisdiction.